October 17, 2008

New experiences

I've decided to finally do a blog. I've been meaning to start one for quite a while now, but I never bothered because I knew I didn't have anything interesting to say. I still don't have anything interesting to say but I'm going to start blogging anyway. It'll probably be a nice exercise in self-obsessive rambling and cathartic ranting. Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

So last night I had my first proper "night out" since I started college last year. I have never stepped inside of any of the student bars in UCD and up until last night I had never gone out to drink in Dublin. I'm kinda proud about that, seeing as that whole scene is a load of shit. I'm forced to tolerate the fucking imbeciles around me all day in college, so why would I want to go out in the evenings just to be surrounded by those same people for another few hours? Cans with the lads inside a shitty garage will always be far superior to all that nightclub bullshit. Anyway, I actually had a pretty good time. I saw an actual Juggalo not too long after I got into Fibbers, so I was pretty stoked from the onset of the evening. I got to talk to Mac and Joebreaker properly for the first time, and we had the laugh. I forgot to thank WICKEDOWL and Helene last night for inviting me out and for being so class in general. Thanks guys. Tracy, if you don't come home this weekend, I will fucking apprehend you and drag you home, Nebraskan style.

I've been meaning to start a band for a good while now. It'll probably happen when I can find a type of hardcore that me and my friend Adrian can agree on playing together. I'm hoping it'll be some mental '80s NYHC Cro-Mags/AF/Warzone/Crumbsuckers-type shit but I'll have to wait and see.
This morning I realised that "Nightstalker" by Impact Unit is probably one of the hardest songs ever. Fuck.




A few nights ago I watched The Wicker Man, amazing movie. [Spoilers] When the self-righteous Christian motherfucker slowly perishes in flames at the end a malicious little smirk definitely lit up my face. It's funny how indignant he was at the pagans performing rituals around the various obelisks and phallic symbols of fertility throughout the movie, because in reality that's what Christianity itself centres around. All religions do. The worship of a paternal Sun-god who bestows fertility and prosperity onto the annual harvests. Crucifixes, church spires, mosque minarets; all phallic, masculine symbols gesturing imploringly towards the heavens. All constructed in a vain attempt to bring humanity a few feet closer to an invisible god in an intangible kingdom.

Listen to Dmize.

One.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

haha.
Liam got LOOSE.

JG said...

I should really listen to Impact Unit more often.

Wicker Man = the best.

Check out "The Devils" if you can find it for some equally insane occult cinema

Unknown said...

Looks interesting, will do.

xMac Kellx (Old Account) said...

Stay Posi Liamy.

Jabberwocky said...

Dude. You need to stop being so responsible about college and come out with us more! Or just do both. I often attend lectures on a Friday in bits and pieces, we can make it a tradition!